A Special Congregation Meeting will be held on Sunday, April 30, 2017, from 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, in Harris Hall at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. We will begin the meeting with a potluck brunch.
The agenda for the meeting is to consider the following Motion from Council:
That we use this Special Congregation meeting as a time for discerning how God is calling us:
- To use the proceeds from the sale of LCF’s Real Property to build up the kingdom of God in thanksgiving for what God has done in, through, and with the people of LCF over the past 60 years and
- To continue to strengthen LCF as a community of God’s faithful people by giving all voting members of LCF the opportunity to be involved in the decision-making process, following these steps:
- begin with a time of prayer for discernment
- review LCF’s history and look for trends in mission and ministry
- agree on areas of mission that have been important to the congregation over time
- give every voting member present the opportunity to indicate the percentage of the proceeds they wish to allocate for the mission(s) of their choice
- aggregate the results from all members and determine the percentage of proceeds to be given to each mission
- agree by consensus to abide by the results of this discernment process
- give thanks to God for the work done together
Please plan to attend this meeting.