First Worship – Easter Sunday, April 1, 1956 at the Atheneaum Hall, Concord Street, Saxonville. (The Athenaeum Hall was built in 1847 and served as Town Hall, school, meeting hall, hospital, etc for Saxonville residents.)
Charter Signing 1958.
Early years, rented Charlotte Dunning School (on Frost St) for Sunday School Classes.
Edgell Road facility built in 1960.
1991 – Pastor Finger retires after 35 years with LCF.
1996 to 2011 – Held Annual Veteran’s Brunch on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend to honor their service.
1996 to Present – Partnered with “Family Works” of SMOC to provide Thanksgiving Baskets to families in need. Later updated to work with Wayside Youth and Family Support Network.
1996 to Present – Partnered with Heritage @ Framingham to provide Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas Eve worship services.
Summer 2000 – Dedicated new Organ (Johannus Opus 10).
June 2, 2002 – Dedicated Outdoor Chapel.
2003 – Received Lutheran Social Services of New England’s (now Ascentria Care Alliance) first ever “Helping Hands Award” as the “Little Church that Could” for the many quilts from Katie’s Quilters (including 125 in one year for the celebration of LSS New England’s 125th Anniversary), as well as our work supporting the Greentree Boys and Girls Homes, the Good News Garage and other Ministries of LSSNE.
January 20, 2008 – The Lutheran Church of Framingham signed a “Missionary Sponsorship Covenant” to support Judith Perry, a missionary working in China providing help for pediatric health care needs. This was renewed for 2009 and 2010. In December 2010, her missionary role was ended due to budget cuts by the ELCA Global Mission, and she moved on to a new chapter in her life. We enjoyed many updates and few visits during her work.
September 14, 2008 – 50th Celebration of the Lutheran Church of Framingham Charter signing, held in the Fellowship Hall. This was also the 56th Anniversary of the ordination of The Rev. Andrew R. Finger who was recognized for 35 years of service to LCF and bestowed with the title of Pastor Emeritus.
Fall 2014 – Added weekly Bible Study @ Heritage.
April 10, 2016 – Celebrating 60 years of Worship with reception and history.
June 5, 2016 – Semi-Annual Voters Meeting approved the following motion: “Partner with St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in sharing ministry activities – service projects, Christian education, staff (both Episcopal and Lutheran), building – while remaining as a Lutheran congregation teaching from both the Lutheran and Anglican heritages at the current Episcopal location.”
September 18, 2016 – Special Congregation Meeting held to vote on Partnership Team proposal to begin holding joint worship services with St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, effective October 30, 2016. Motion passes.
October 30, 2016 – First joint worship service at our new location and with our Partners in Ministry, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church under Rector Julie Carson. Click the links for more background information on the Call to Common Mission (and additional Commentary) between the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and The Episcopal Church, agreed to by both organizations national conventions in 1999.
November 27, 2016 – Special Congregation Meeting held to call Deacon Susan Lindberg Haley as part-time Deacon for the Lutheran Church of Framingham.
- The Rev. Andrew R. Finger (1956-1991), Founding Pastor and Pastor Emeritus
- The Rev. David Coté (1992-1995)
- The Rev. Richard Hurst, Sr. (1996-2011)
- The Rev. Leslie D. Scanlon (2012-2015)
- The Rev. Edward Sproul, Interim Pastor (2015-2016)
- The Rev. Julie A. Carson, Rector/Pastor (2016-Present)
- Deacon Susan Lindberg Haley, Deacon (2016-Present)
National Church Affiliation:
- Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (1956-1976)
- Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches (1976-1988)
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (1988-Present) – The Rev. Elizabeth A. Eaton, Presiding Bishop
- New England Synod – The Rev. James Hazelwood, Presiding Bishop
- Boston Metro Conference